Friday, July 18, 2014

This Morning's Run on the Trails with Rocky

   So I really didn't want to get out bed this morning, I mean I seriously was thinking of an excuse when my alarm went off at 3:15 AM... my bed felt so amazing and comfortable, and my right hip/side was hurting... not sure why exactly but I must have slept on it wrong.
  Alas, I reluctantly got up and got dressed and had some coffee and sat at the computer for a moment or two. Rocky was ready to go, and I was more awake by the time we got out the door.
  The temperature was 63 degrees, humidity around 77% but it felt great out and I knew Rocky would enjoy it. I am so glad this week has seen much cooler weather, Rocky has been able to run with me more this week than he has in the last 2 months.
  The trails were nice, it was pretty uneventful other than stopping to watch a raccoon cautiously climb up a tree, and then of course the deer looking at us like we're crazy. Just after mile 1 was when something interesting happened, I guess I started to "daydream" about things - we had just watched the movie "Snowpiercer" the other night so I guess I started thinking of what I would do if we did in fact have a severe ice age and how would I take care of my son. Well, not too long after those thoughts started racing through mind did an evil root jump out at me and try ripping my left foot off. I hit that thing and just about went flying, but my legs stiffened up and caught me... not exactly the best 2nd option but I didn't feel like experiencing the fly, tuck and roll thing.
   After that, things went back to be uneventful. We ran 5 miles in 52:11 with an average pace of 10:26 min/mile, elevation gain of 46 feet and a loss of 61 feet. I wish this weather would stay around, it is feeling so amazing but I am sure we've only got a few more days left with it.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:25
Mile 2 - 10:34
Mile 3 - 9:52
Mile 4 - 10:48
Mile 5 - 9:31

No comments:

Post a Comment