Friday, July 4, 2014

A Really Pleasant 6 Miler with Rocky

 So the plan was originally 5 miles, and since I had looked at the hourly forecast I figured Rocky and I would run the trails this morning. I had no idea how amazing it really felt out there until we left, it just felt so freaking amazing. The temperature was 59 degrees, humidity around 88% but the dew point was like 56 or 58 so it didn't feel humid at all.
  I debated on doing 5 or 6 miles for the first 20-25 minutes before deciding I wanted an hour out there. Rocky was feeling pretty good too, I am also pretty sure he was happy to be out there.
  We ran 6 miles in 1:04:24 with an average pace of 10:43 min/mile, elevation gain of 87 feet and a loss of 83 feet. 
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:53
Mile 2 - 10:29
Mile 3 - 10:16
Mile 4 - 10:47
Mile 5 - 11:36
Mile 6 - 10:20

   Somewhere between 4.5 and 5 miles we ran into a freaking tree, fallen on top/along the trail rather than across it. So we had to climb through that thing which is what slowed us down quite a bit, though I am surprised that the 5th mile was that slow....
   Anyways, I've got 3 miles tomorrow morning with Jumpstart (and Dorian) and then hopefully my 13 mile run on Sunday will go off without a hitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment