Friday, July 11, 2014

Thursday and Friday

  Yesterday went a lot better this time, we went in stages so I didn't have to pass a lot of people and I was pretty successful at keeping my first mile above a 10 minute pace.... that wasn't the case for the last 2.3 miles. I guess I just had to speed up so I didn't constantly have someone right in front of me on the pathway, I really would have hated running someone over by accident. So I still ended up running 3.3 miles in 32:51 with an average pace of 9:57 min/mile, still the fact that I managed to keep my first mile above 10 minute pace is a good sign.
  Elevation gain of 70 feet and a loss of 70 feet (boring). Temperature was 86 degrees but only 35% humidity so that was bad but the sun was shining down on us and that was tough.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:11
Mile 2 - 9:59
Mile 3 - 9:44
.3       - 9:52

   Now for this morning, it was a pleasant 64 degrees, and even with the humidity at 83% it still wasn't bad so I decided that Rocky and I would go on the trails. Other than the darn spiderwebs, the run was great and I wasn't sore at all. The trails are pretty dry now, not much mud at all so that is a good thing. Rocky and I ran 5 miles in 54:40 with an average pace of 10:56 min/mile so it was definitely not a hard pace and that is good. I can always count on the trails to slow me down :)
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:33
Mile 2 - 10:36
Mile 3 - 10:53
Mile 4 - 11:22
Mile 5 - 10:12

   
     This weekend is going to be a tough one, the high tomorrow will be 91 with a low of 61 BUT around my usual run will be around 70 degrees, 81% humidity and a dew point of 61.... and sunny but I am only running 2.4 or 2.7 so it shouldn't be bad at all. Sunday is going to be even tougher though, I've got 14 miles scheduled and from 3 AM to 6 AM it is going to be around 75 degrees, and humidity of around 82% with a dew point of 69... yep that is going to suck. Not to mention isolated thunderstorms after 6 AM, and high for Sunday will be 94. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment