Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tuesday's Crazy, Hectic Team 13 Run

   So, Tuesday evening was the first night of Team 13 and it was a huge crowd. It was 84 degrees with a feels like 87, 55% humidity and dew point was around 68 or something, it just felt freaking awful when they sun would come out and even when the clouds blocked it as there wasn't any wind. To make things a little more difficult, a lot of (new) runners to the group pretty much assumed that since I had a stroller I would be going slower than them... so for the first mile I was pretty much trying to weave a stroller (with front wheel locked) through crowds of people while also keeping my son out of traffic danger. It was really frustrating, I used up a lot of energy just so I would run anybody over. So the next morning I made a suggestion on their facebook page - volunteers hold pace signs, which really I could have suggested they just hold them until we get close to beginning so that runner would be able to sort themselves out and find their group making things easier. One of the main volunteers said something like that, and then letting each group go just a minute or so after the other one to keep them spaced out. Then there was one woman who I thought was a friend and stuff that basically said she hates strollers and can't stand them being on the course, thinks they are dangerous and applauds the races that bans them - while I agree 100% with banning them from races as a race is competitive (I almost ran over a guy with a stroller because he didn't lock the front wheel and it nearly toppled over twice before he even crossed the start line)... I was and am very angered about her opinion that strollers shouldn't even be allowed during training runs, some of us don't have a choice or that luxury and not only that, but I want my son to be a part of my running and grow up with it so this is the best way I can do it. Luckily the other woman came up with a great idea that we'll be trying tonight.
  Anyways, I ran 3 miles in 29:31 with an average pace of 9:49 min/mile, elevation gain of 19 feet and a loss of 22 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 9:45
Mile 2 - 10:01
Mile 3 - 9:42

   I will make a separate blog for yesterday morning's 8.3 miles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment