Wednesday, July 2, 2014

A Humid 8.6 with Rocky

  This morning's run almost didn't happen, at least without Dorian. My alarm went off at 3 AM, and I realized Dorian was still in his bed (I put him to bed last night at  9:45 and he normally wakes up after 2-4 hours to come to our bed). I was surprised but decided to check on him just in case, it seems he can somehow sense me or something (could have been my bumping his stupid door with my ring on the way out) because not 1 minute later he is awake. I had to change his diaper as it was wet and starting to soak through, then I laid in bed with him for an hour until he finally fell back to sleep and I was able to get up and get ready. I honestly don't know how I am going to sneak out of the house when he is sleeping in his room full time, because I keep his door open and the kitchen light or even the bathroom light hits his room and right at his bed.... that's another concern for another time.
  Temperature was saying 68-70 so I decided to go ahead and take Rocky with me this time, I didn't look at the humidity before leaving. He was excited, and I know he really misses our runs together but I just can't be too careful with this heat.
   We stopped every 1-1.5 miles so he could either rest or get a drink out of the ditches (thankfully there was a storm yesterday evening, which also cancelled my Tuesday night run... dang it). I was sore for the first 3 miles or so, my quads and the humidity wasn't helping at all but after that things did ease up. 
   We ended up running 8.6 miles in 1:25:48 with an average pace of 9:59 min/mile, elevation gain of 200 feet and a loss of 199 feet. I kind of wish I had gone ahead and went for 9 miles but oh well, it is more important to be cautious and eager.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:41
Mile 2 - 10:22
Mile 3 - 10:01
Mile 4 - 10:03
Mile 5 - 10:07
Mile 6 - 9:53
Mile 7 - 9:40
Mile 8 - 9:44
.6      - 8:51

    Not a bad run for humid weather, which turned out to be 94% so blah on that. Yesterday - July 1, marked exactly 4 months until my first marathon.... I am excited and will be counting down monthly until I get under 2 months, then it will be weekly and then daily :D :)

No comments:

Post a Comment