Friday, January 10, 2014

Thirty-Seven Degrees Feel like Summer

  It's amazing how a temperature that used to feel freaking cold and chilly can suddenly feel like summer once you've ran during temperatures in the negatives. I didn't even have to wear my headband or my wind jacket this morning, it was 37 degrees with no wind barely, it felt real good. My calves were sore still, but I went ahead and ran on a hilly route with Rocky. I've got a sore spot on the back of my left ankle, doesn't bother me during runs but it does when I am driving :(
  No GI issues this morning, strange - I wonder if suddenly bringing yogurt back into my diet is what has my GI kind of lost with time and schedule, hopefully Sunday won't have any issues of that sort - hopefully I'll be able to run my first 14 miles.
  Rocky and I ran 6.3 miles in 1:08:24 with an average pace of 10:52 min/mile, slow like an easy run should be. Elevation gain of 160 feet and a loss of 166 feet, I made sure make it a hilly run..... or as hill as my area can give me for 6 or 7 miles.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:13
Mile 2 - 11:07
Mile 3 - 10:46
Mile 4 - 10:48
Mile 5 - 10:58
Mile 6 - 10:33
.3       - 10:00 

   Not a bad run overall, crazy and unhappy drivers headed to work as usual - it sometimes it seems they absolutely despise us runners, as we are a symbol of freedom that reminds them that they are not free. :) :P

No comments:

Post a Comment