Monday, January 13, 2014

A Slow but Good Run with Rocky

   I didn't want to get up this morning, the bed felt oh so too good and I really didn't feel like running and was thinking about waiting until later this afternoon. After 5-10 minutes of debating and arguing with myself, I finally decided to go ahead and do the run, I was up already and I knew I would probably feel better this way.
  It was 46 degrees with a feels like 41, 12 mph SSW winds that eventually turned into 17 mph winds during the last 2 miles. Strangely enough, I didn't feel sore from yesterday morning's 14.2 mile long run which is weird because I was seriously expecting tightness and sore legs. This was a bit of a slow run, although Rocky kept trying to speed it up in the beginning, which is normally what he does. I avoided the hilly route because I had forgotten to wear one of my more easily seen in the dark shirts and I hate coming up those hills in the dark and meeting a car head on who isn't expecting a runner. We stuck to the more flat route out of caution.
   Rocky and I ran 6.3 miles in 1:06:16 with a 10:31 min/mile pace, elevation gain of 100 feet and a loss of 102 feet. 
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:01
Mile 2 - 10:45
Mile 3 - 10:29
Mile 4 - 10:37
Mile 5 - 10:26
Mile 6 - 10:05
.3      - 9:34

   Overall, a good run after a good/great long run yesterday. In other news... yesterday or last night I finally was able to register for the Indian-Celina Challenge Half Marathon in June, hopefully I can begin using my Fridays and training on the John James Audubon trails around March or when the Sun starts staying up longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment