Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Our Morning Progression Run

  Starting off the new year with a run. 
    This morning I didn't get up until just before 7 a.m and I wasn't feeling 100% but still hoped for an okay run. Rocky and I headed to the Newburgh Riverfront to run their recreational pathway, which had a few people on it already doing their thing (some probably out there for their New Year's Resolutions).
  Temperature was 27 degrees with a feels like 20 degrees, 6 mph SSE wind and humidity of 93%.
    During the whole run, I was feeling like I had a brain freeze going on and just could get up to the speed I wanted. Rocky of course wasn't exactly making things any easier, I had to stop at least 3 or 4 times to get hold of my head and for Rocky to use the restroom. This pathway has a really good sized hill, that along with the little hills gave me 199 feet of elevation gain and a loss of 179 feet. Rocky and I ran 7.2 miles in 1:07:12 with an average pace of 9:20 min/mile which was 5 minutes slower than last Wednesday's progression run but at least not as bad as I expected.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:32
Mile 2 - 9:53
Mile 3 - 9:32
Mile 4 - 9:02
Mile 5 - 9:03
Mile 6 - 8:43
Mile 7 - 8:47
.2      -  8:18

   I'm glad tomorrow is a rest day, I think yesterday's 3.8 miler took it's toll on today's run along with sinus issues. Friday I hope for a good 6 mile easy run, and then a 14 miler on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment