Thursday, January 9, 2014

A Hilly Progression Run with Rocky

   No problems getting up this morning, everything seemed to be going well except for my intestines which were threatening mutiny. I tried to go before the run, but it just wasn't happening, so Rocky and I set out for our run at 5:10 AM. I had too warm of gloves on, and I ended up having to fold my headband up, it felt like summer compared to Monday and Tuesday. Barely reaching mile 2, I had to make a pit stop. I focused on hills again, doing my best to get extremely used to running hilly courses so I can kick major arse one flat course races.
   I think I made 2 other stops, I was dealing with evil GI issues and seriously wanted to call it quits just because of that. I am so sick of this, I think tomorrow morning I am going to take Imodium before my 6 miler and see if it helps.
   Rocky and I ran 7.4 miles in 1:10:09 with an average pace of 9:29 min/mile, elevation gain of 225 feet and a loss of 221 feet. Temperature was 28 degrees with a feels like 23 but it might as well have been like 50 degrees or something compared to Monday and Tuesday. Not your normal progression run, but being that I wasn't feeling super and I was also including hills, I will consider it a progression run with hills.
   Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:49
Mile 2 - 10:27
Mile 3 - 9:23
Mile 4 - 9:09
Mile 5 - 8:44
Mile 6 - 9:21
Mile 7 - 9:03
.4       - 8:02

    Hopefully all these hills are going to show vast improvements during the February 5k and the March 5k. Tomorrow's 6 miler better have a lot less issues dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment