Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A Nice Progression Run with Rocky

   I was not feeling it this morning, I woke up with a tense headache and just didn't feel like getting out for a run. Luckily mom was willing to watch the monkey after she got off work so Rocky and I were able to take a break from the roads and insane drivers, and run the Greenway. 
  Rocky and I started off, it wasn't bad but around mile 1 my left big toe started hurting and I could get my stride the way I wanted. My toe acted that way pretty much until around mile 3 and then finally subsided but I still just couldn't get into a great run. It was pretty flat course overall, 94 feet elevation gain and 86 feet of loss. Temperature was 27 degrees with a feels like 20, pretty chilly for the first 2-3 miles. 
  Rocky and I ran the 7.3 miles in 1:07:30, not quite as fast as the 7 miler two weeks ago that was around 1:02:00 but that was only 7 miles, but I didn't get under 8 min pace this time. I am just glad I got the run in, along with 5 sets of 200 Bicycle Crunches which is awesome.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 9:48
Mile 2 - 9:46
Mile 3 - 9:40
Mile 4 - 9:43
Mile 5 - 9:10
Mile 6 - 8:31
Mile 7 - 8:21

.3       - 8:19

No comments:

Post a Comment