Monday, January 20, 2014

A Slow, Sore Recovery Run with Rocky

   Amazingly, I wasn't sore waking up this morning but the run was pretty sore for the first 2 miles. I don't know how I screwed up my route but I had to end it with 5 miles rather than 6.3, but I am kind of glad as my legs were really beginning to feel yesterday's run towards the end of this morning's run.
   We actually finished just as dawn was starting to show a little bit of light, and the moon was extremely bright so it was really peaceful during this run. There weren't too many cars out either, so that was definitely nice. I avoided the hilly roads, and I think my legs were happy about that.
  Rocky and I ran 5 miles in 55:08 with an average pace of 11:01 min/mile, elevation gain of 69 feet and a loss of 70 feet. Temperature was 34 degrees with a feels like 27, wind was at 8 mph SSW. Not bad, felt pretty good actually. The temperature is expected to drop this week though, another cold front coming in (pooh).
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:20
Mile 2 - 11:16
Mile 3 - 10:58
Mile 4 - 10:59
Mile 5 - 10:32

      Definitely a slow run, slower than what I consider an easy pace for me BUT this was meant to be a recovery run so that is okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment