Sunday, March 3, 2013

The USI trails are INSANE

  All I can say is freaking wow, instead of running a 10 mile long run this weekend I decided to just give myself a break and let my legs recover before next weekend's 11 miler. So I decided to run the trails at USI, my main plan was 4 miles but I was secretly hoping 5 (due to my mom having a limited amount of time to watch Dorian, I chose 4). Freaking 4 miles of trails out there gave me an elevation gain of 274, heck I can barely get that in 10 miles out here in Chandler!
  Now, running trails has really nothing to do with time so I wasn't trying to keep a pace, just trying not to sprain my ankle, land on my face... or butt. There were roots and downed limbs and freaking mud EVERYWHERE! I still need to take pictures of my shoes afterwards... I ran the 4 miles in 48:59 with an average pace of 11:43 but again time was not really a concern, just surviving those hills but since I normally post my splits I will keep that tradition going.
Mile 1 - 11:35
Mile 2 - 12:25
Mile 3 - 11:26
Mile 4 - 11:31
.18 - 11:20
  
  I love trails, I enjoy running period but I LOVE, ADORE, FREAKING LUST trails, they are amazing and they are right out in nature and it is just a  completely different experience compared to road running. Someday I hope to run the majority of my miles on trails, but right now every once in a while will do, it definitely helped me relax and get back some of my sanity and that is always a good thing. I will edit this to post pics soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment