Monday, March 11, 2013

Another Good run with Rocky

  Tonight we ran 5 miles, and Rocky did very well. I am returning my Pearl Izumi's in exchange for a size smaller, these just feel like they are going to flop right off my feet. Rocky was a bit more bouncy and zig zagging back and forth but overall he did very well, he didn't even begin to tire around mile 4 so that was a good sign as he showed some fatigue last Friday just past 3 miles during our 4 mile run. We ran 5 in 53:16 with an average pace of 10:39 min/mile, and our splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:34
Mile 2 - 10:39
Mile 3 - 10:34
Mile 4 - 11:01
Mile 5 - 10:26

   I haven't decided if we will do 4 miles or 5 on Thursday, won't be able to run Friday as the Run of Luck 7k is Saturday morning and I am going to need all my strength for those darn hills out there (though I am kind of looking forward to it). I know I won't be able to do much more than maybe 3 miles with Rocky during the summer, the heat and humidity around here is enough to drive me insane, I wouldn't ask Rocky to go through with it. Maybe during the nights on cooler weather, but we will have to see how many of those we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment