Friday, March 8, 2013

Asics passed the test

  Tonight I ran my 4 miles in my new Asics Gel-Blur33 2.0s and they did really well, I almost wish I had saved them for my 11 mile long run tomorrow. I think I am going to run in my Pearls though, and I am seriously contemplating buying another pair of the Asics and ditching my Ghost 5 and GTS 12's all together as they both hurt my calves and feet...
  Okay so in the last 5 minutes I decided on a pair of shoes for other runs, the Asics Cumulus 14 I believe. I think I will make the Gel-Blur33's my long run shoes........... and go between the Cumulus 14's and the Pearl Izumis for my other runs. I still need to decide if I am going to get another pair for my races, because I don't think it would be a good idea to keep the other pair of Ghost 5's.
  Cameron is definitely going to kill me if he finds out that I've purchased three 
pairs of new shoes in just a week, and I still have to figure out what I am going to with my other shoes. He's going to think I am crazy, but that's because he wouldn't understand that I am finally positive that I found the shoes for me, I would probably stick to the Asics Gel-Blur33 2.0's if they had more colors to choose from.
Anyways, tonight's run went well. I took Rocky with me on the 4 miles and I felt no pain really, especially after I finally got a comfortable stride with Rocky which took the first mile. I am positive that he can handle 7 miles no problem, but with some training and working from 4 miles. We ran 4 miles in 43:03 with an average pace of 10:45 min/mile and the splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:37
Mile 2 - 10:41
Mile 3 - 11:01
Mile 4 - 10:42

No comments:

Post a Comment