Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Pretty Good 7 Miler

Tonight I ran 7 miles, my feet are feeling pretty good and no pain anywhere so that is a good, good sign. I still haven't decided if I am going to run 8 miles this weekend, both days are going to be nice so I don't have to worry which day I should run. If I run 8 miles Saturday then my weekly total would be 20, not bad for a taper. Next week, with the race included I will have 24 miles total and then with no other big races until the Fall I can put more focus on my weekly mileage. I do have one 5k in May, but I am going to ace that no problem and my goal PR is 26:58 which I know I will hit if not beat.
  I ran the 7 miles in 1:08:54 with an average pace of 9:50 min/mile, my splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:20
Mile 2 - 9:34
Mile 3 - 9:43
Mile 4 - 9:46
Mile 5 - 10:01
Mile 6 - 9:57
Mile 7 - 9:33

I am feeling much more confident about my foot and I am not that worried anymore, though that beast they call Holy Hill still has me a little nervous. Either way, I have a week before we leave for St. Louis and a full week to be nervous, excited and anxious all at once..... I cannot wait to see how well I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment