Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Consider This a Rest Week

  This whole issue with my foot has me worried that it could be something very serious and cause me to miss my two Spring Half Marathons which would send my sanity right over the darn edge. I've decided to go to SWIFT Athletics and have my foot looked AND to take a rest week from running, and then see how 5 or 6 miles feel either Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon. Hopefully it will be good news, I've ran 11 miles no problem and I've done 10 mile long runs 3 times now with no issues so I am not worried about trying to get in one last long run before the St. Louis Half. I will try not to go over 7 miles until the last weekend before the Half where I'll run 8 miles depending on how my foot feels which hopefully it will be okay by then. I am just hoping and praying that things don't take a turn for the worse, I've been doing so good since November and it would suck so bad if I get sidelined again.
  Edited: I went to SWIFT today and I am so glad I did, it turns out I am still overpronating BUT am kind of more in the middle. The Brooks Ravenna's (no 1, 2, 3 or 4) were perfect for me back in 2010-2011 but they no longer make them. Since them I have been trying to find shoes like those, but the Adrenaline's were to much stability forcing my ankle outwards which was what was causing my Achilles Tendons to hurt like hell and then the Asics Gel-Blur33 2.0's had no stability at all.
 So they referred the Asics Gel GT-2000, and I am looking forward to trying these out this weekend. I am still going to take a break from running for the rest of the week, I started typing this on Tuesday and it is now Wednesday morning so hopefully I can make it to Saturday lol. I keep staring at them, wanting to take them out for a test run.

No comments:

Post a Comment