Monday, February 11, 2013

Trying to Figure

  After Saturday's race, I am really wishing there were more 5k races around here, in February and March. This last race and the results have me really excited to push for my potential, but there isn't too many around this month. There is another in March, along with the Run of Luck 7k, but my first Half Marathon (this year) is April 7 so I need to stay fresh but work my long run up to 11 before the Half.
  I keep going over my training plan leading up to this Half Marathon, and due to a race on March 2, I will lose a weekend that could go towards an 11 mile long run. Then I have the Run of Luck 7k on March 16, which forces me to lose another potential 11 mile long run. It isn't a huge deal except that I am just concerned if 11 miles is long enough before my Half Marathon, which is 2.1 miles longer than 11 which I guess isn't a HUGE deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment