Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Busy Week

  Due to the nice weather I think I will be hitting 35 miles this week, and that is including 8 miles of walking. I ran my 5 miles Monday, walked 4 miles Tuesday, ran my 7 mile tempo Wednesday and walked 4.1 miles today. Tomorrow I haven't decided if I am going to run 4 or 5 miles, but Saturday I might walk another 3 or 4 miles if weather permits and then Sunday is my 10 mile long run.
  I finally got a better description of the St. Louis Half Marathon course and I am not really worried about it. Heck in the last 30 days I've gained 1,816 ft in elevation. And in 365 days my garmin.connect shows that I've gained a total of 11,932 feet while running. Wow! The course doesn't seem that threatening, though I am going to keep including the hills out here in Chandler in my long runs and maybe even in my tempo runs.
  My garmin says that during one of my 6 mile runs I gained 530 feet in elevation............. I just can't believe that dang it. It does say that during the Half last year the total elevation gain was 311 feet, which I kind of believe so I guess I really shouldn't be worried about the St. Louis Half. The only thing I need to be concerned with is the weather and my body, and I should be fine.
  I wonder exactly how many people will be running the Half Marathon, being a Half Marathon and in St. Louis I am sure there will be a lot of people and probably twice as many as there were at the Evansville Half Marathon. Apparently the race cap is 12,000 people and looking at the results of last year it was close to 9,000 participants (finishers) at the Half Marathon. That is a lot of freaking people man, I think it will be the largest race I've been in yet. And looking at last year's results for the cincinnati Flying Pig Half is going to be bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment