Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Today we Hit 2 Miles

  Today's training run will hit 2 miles, I really hope my sinus issue will be gone enough for me to survive comfortably. I thought it was just allergies or something, but now Dorian is coughing, and having nasal congestion so I am worried for him. He is going in this morning at 10, the nurse just wants to make sure that it is nothing serious. Unfortunately Dr. Myres isn't in to see him so he will have to see a nurse, I really hope it is nothing serious and just a cold.
  (Continued) - The 2 miles was doing great, we were averaging a 9:39 pace and then got hit by a 3 minute stoplight that had more traffic than usual cause the main road was closed. By the time we got finished with 2.34 miles our pace was 10:24 a mile :( which really pissed me off, Shauna and I both agreed next time we would go a ways down the street until the road is clear. But that is the crappy thing about running with a group, you can't just race across a street , others might follow you and even though you might make it across that other person might not. I can't wait until Team 13 begins and we are mainly out at Wesselman's on Tuesdays which has no stoplights but we will still be downtown on Thursday runs. Saturday is really no big deal, because there is not a whole lot of traffic out there so we will make up today's 2 miles on that day (Hopefully).
   That stoplight really broke me, I was doing such a good pace, I had a great thing going with my lungs, breathing and steps and just couldn't get it back after the light. I was struggling a bit, still dealing with a bit of a cough and it held me back some. I just hope and pray my sinuses will be fixed buy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment