Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Tiny Bit Better this Time

  I drank 6 16 oz bottles of water today stretched throughout the morning but not close to the run. I have been putting my Iron Man Muscle Rub on my lower legs throughout the day, sadly I could not do anything about the heat. My sister is staying with me during the training runs, I warned that I was going to take it very slow but she was alright with it. We kept it around 11 minutes a mile, a bit slower than usual BUT it was almost 100 degrees and sunny and I did not walk so that is a plus. The run was supposed to be 2 miles but my Garmin 405 said 2 miles when we had like .4 miles left, so I came to a walk and then I couldn't take it anymore..........
   I took my shirt off, yep even though my stomach isn't toned (yet) or trim (yet), I was done giving a $hit. It was hot, sweaty and just plain miserable to be honest. I am glad I got out there and ran, glad I took it slow, I am glad that even though my knees were sore and my calves were tight I still sucked it up and ran. Saturday morning is going to be 68 degrees, and I really, REALLY hope things go a bit better than today, it will be 2.75 miles.
   Tonight I am going to relax and stretch, possibly take a bath.

No comments:

Post a Comment