Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This Morning's Lonely Run

  It wasn't quite that lonely, not as lonely as my late night runs are. I did not get out until 6:30 a.m, I wanted to get up at 5 and out the door by 6 a.m BUT  we didn't go to bed until after midnight and I barely drug myself out of bed at 5:15. Dorian didn't fall back to sleep after his feeding until 6:30 a.m, then I was out the door. There were quite a few people out there this morning, thankfully no punks, but there was your usual 3 women walking 3 abreast taking up the whole pathway but I didn't let that bother me. It was a beautiful 63 degrees and a good breeze, it felt amazing and I loved it. I was definitely a bit slower during the first mile, 12:03/mile, then the 2nd mile was 10:36/mile, and the last .5 miles was 10:10/mile BUT a lot of that involved downhill and a tiny fartlek to the "finish". Luckily Cameron drove his truck home last night so Ethan left at 7:30 and Cameron was still there until 8 a.m so I wasn't worried about inconveniencing anyone this time. It might become an issue when the distance gets longer and the weather doesn't cool down, I'll either have to run in the evening with the group, or force myself up at 4 a.m to get my runs in. Cameron likes to leave and head to the shop by 8 a.m, so I need to be finished and at home before then. I will say, that hour of sleep after the run was the most amazing, wonderful sleep and I hated to get up. Great run overall, a slower pace but I felt comfortable enough to keep going (at least a little bit) but still felt like the run was an actual work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment