Wednesday, June 26, 2013

This Morning's 7 Mile Progression Run

   I actually got up and out the door by 4:25 this morning to do my run, it was 79 degrees and humidity was 89% but it wasn't awful since the sun was still down. My plan was 6.2 but I decided to go ahead and push it back up to 7 miles, but try and take it easy. I had a few sips of water and a real fruit strawberry popsicle before the run, and that helped. I also decided to weigh myself before I went out, at 139.2 lbs just because I was curious as to how much fluid I would lose during this run. 
   I ran the 7 miles in 1:07:35 with an average pace of 9:39 min/mile, and an elevation gain of 115 feet and a loss of 112 feet. Overall it went well, though I had to stop about 2 times other than for traffic when crossing 62 (twice), just to catch my breath and stop an oncoming side stitch.
  My splits/laps were:
Mile 1 - 10:42
Mile 2 - 10:06
Mile 3 - 9:15
Mile 4 - 9:40
Mile 5 - 9:26
Mile 6 - 9:23
Mile 7 - 8:59

     So overall, it was a nice progression run with probably a .3 mile walk afterwards to get to the house. I got in and immediately weighed myself at 136.6 lbs, so 2 lbs and 12 oz total was lost during the run I think. I'm wondering if it would be wise to take a small handheld bottle of water with me when my long runs reach 9 miles and up, especially during this warm weather and the crappy humidity.

No comments:

Post a Comment