Monday, June 24, 2013

This Afternoon's 5 Miler

  I wasn't able to get my run in this morning, it was raining cats and dogs and I knew that if I had gone out there I would have had my shoes and socks soaked before I got to the end of the driveway. So I had to wait until this afternoon, when the sun came out and the humidity went up but I knew I had to get out there and run. The temperature was 79 degrees with the humidity at 74%, and it wasn't a fun 79 degrees either.
  I tried to keep myself slow and easy, but I felt more comfortable just under 10:00 min/mile. I ran 5 miles in 49:57 minutes with an average pace of 9:59 min/mile. I made sure to hydrate myself all day, and eat enough calories so that the heat and run wouldn't hurt me and it seemed to help.
  My splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:11
Mile 2 - 10:06
Mile 3 - 10:01
Mile 4 - 9:49
Mile 5 - 9:48

   Overall it wasn't a bad run, I wasn't dying like Saturday morning's run but of course I wasn't going as fast which is what an easy/recovery run is supposed to be like. Hopefully Wednesday I can get out in the morning and run, rather than wait until the afternoon/evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment