Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Rough Night, and I am Feeling It

I guess Dorian is really teething right now, he pretty much slept with us all night. The two times that I tried to put him in his crib he would wake up and start crying so I ended up just keeping him in bed. I figured I wouldn't get up this morning to run, but luckily my alarm went off at 5 and I snuck him into his crib with no issues. After about 25 minutes of getting ready I was out the door for my run.
I decided to reluctantly run a route with some hills, mainly because I know the hills will help me get stronger and faster, second because I don't like doing the same route constantly and the only other option was the hilly part for the beginning. The hills sucked, but I'm glad I did them and got it over with. I ran 6 miles in 1:00:34 with an average pace of 10:05 min/mile, which I am blaming partially on those hills. The elevation gain was 184 feet, it was 75 degrees starting out with humidity at 94% and the dew point at like 78% so it wasn't awesome. 
My splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:45
Mile 2 - 10:23
Mile 3 - 10:30
Mile 4 - 10:10
Mile 5 - 9:43
Mile 6 - 9:01

   Not bad with all those hills, I think I am really feeling yesterday's bike ride and the less than 4 hours of sleep last night. So much so, that I get to work this morning to find out my shorts are on inside out.......... I think I'll be going home around 2-3 this afternoon and going to bed because I really need sleep and it was tough just to keep my eyes open on the way into work.

No comments:

Post a Comment