Sunday, June 16, 2013

My 8 Mile Long run

    I wasn't able to get my long run in this morning, I needed the sleep badly so I had to wait until tonight. I'll be honest and say I felt like crap just about the whole time, with a temperature of 79 degrees, humidity at 79% and barely any wind. I am just glad I got it over with, and I hope the 5 mile recovery run tomorrow morning goes nice and easy. I ran the 8 miles in 1:15:43 with an average pace of 9:22 min/mile, elevation gain of 177 feet and a horsefly chasing after me half the time.
    My splits were:
Mile 1 - 9:51
Mile 2 - 9:32
Mile 3 - 9:51
Mile 4 - 9:49
Mile 5 - 9:38
Mile 6 - 9:34
Mile 7 - 9:09
Mile 8 - 8:19

  Overall, it was a good pace for 8 miles and I am looking forward even more so to the Evansville Half Marathon this October. If I can manage a 9:22 min/mile pace in this awful humidity and temperatures, then I cannot wait to see what I can do in 40-55 degrees and like no humidity. Of course that is as long as I don't injure myself which can always happen. Either way, first 8 miles in a few weeks and it went well. Next weekend is the Color Blaze 5k at the 4H Center, I don't really plan on racing it but just enjoying it so I might try for a 6 mile long run later or before the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment