Friday, June 7, 2013

This Morning's 4 Mile Run

  I didn't realize until last night that my 5 mile trail race is tomorrow night, and not wanting to skip today's run I decided to just cut it 1 mile shorter than planned. It wasn't bad, at first I thought I had made a mistake and should turn around but after the first mile everything started warming up. I feel really good about being able to get up and out of bed early in the morning to do my runs, though I do miss being out on the greenway and having to run shirtless (I am proud to show off what I've worked so hard for) but I do enjoy running in the cooler mornings even if the humidity is 94%. It feels better in 68 degrees than in 75 degrees and up, and the sun was blocked by the clouds so that helped more. Overall it was a good run, I ran the 4 miles in 39:57 with an average pace of 9:58 min/mile, elevation gain 79 feet, loss of 82 feet.
   My splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:54
Mile 2 - 10:12
Mile 3 - 9:32
Mile 4 - 9:16

  So overall not bad at all, and I am glad to have gotten it out of the way again. Maybe I can take Dorian somewhere for some photographing his adorable little self, or just relax. Tomorrow night is going to be interesting, my first real trail race and it's going to be at night. The awesome thing is I will get to use my headlamp for the first time ever, I won't be running like crazy but I am going to have fun with it and see how good I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment