Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A 10k Progression Run this Morning.............

   I got out the door just before 6 this morning, and took on 6.2 miles trying not to push myself too hard but still giving it some effort. It was about 66 degrees with humidity at 94%, and sunny. The first mile was sluggish, so I did my best to pick up the pace but keep it smart. I've got a serious race this Saturday morning that I just signed up for yesterday, a 5k that I really want to get under 25:00 minutes but I am not really sure if that will happen.
   At mile 3 I paused and took a minute or two to breath, then start back up heading home. It took some effort this morning, and so I figure I'll rest the next two days so my body can be ready for the 5k race Saturday morning. I ran the 6.2 miles in 56:44 with an average pace of 9:09 min/mile, my splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:48
Mile 2 - 9:15
Mile 3 - 8:53
Mile 4 - 9:05
Mile 5 - 8:53
Mile 6 - 8:17
.2 Mile - 7:54

    After this run I am going to take easy Thursday and Friday, avoiding a lot of walking, running or anything that works my legs. I need them well rested for Saturday even if I don't finish in the top 3 of my age group, or even the top 10 for that matter. I want a finish time below 25:00 minutes and that is all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment