Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Today and Yesterday

  My stupid hamstring is still feeling tight, I am hoping (and praying) it doesn't during the race because it is extremely annoying. I foam rolled it and the other one and the calves this morning before we went for our run, so it didn't feel as tight as yesterday. 
  Yesterday morning Rocky and I ran 4.1 miles in 41:53 with an average pace of 10:13 min/mile.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:59
Mile 2 - 10:27
Mile 3 - 9:57
Mile 4 - 9:35
.1       - 9:15

  This morning went a bit better, I had to have my undershirt on as it was 45 degrees but felt like 41. I was starting to warm up near the end so whether I wear it during the race will depend on just how cold it will be.
  Rocky and I ran 7 miles in 1:07:26 with an average pace of 9:38 min/mile, it started out easy but I picked it up while also having to slow down for people backing out of their driveways  so freaking slowly and then even slower when they see me (so annoying!). Mile 3 was probably the most annoying of it, but the run went good anyways and even though the pace felt a little more than easy it still felt good nonetheless and I quietly hope I can hold the pace for a lot of the race (if my hammy doesn't act up).
  We had an elevation gain of 118 feet and a loss of 120 feet, I will probably start avoiding hills Saturday and focus on a flat route so my legs can take it easier. 
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:37
Mile 2 - 9:32
Mile 3 - 10:19
Mile 4 - 9:42
Mile 5 - 9:36
Mile 6 - 9:00
Mile 7 - 8:36

   Next Monday and Tuesday will have to be very slow and easy, with maybe some little pick me up strides thrown in. I will rest Wednesday and Thursday then maybe a 15-20 minute run on Friday morning, very slow and easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment