Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A Surreal State of Mind

  The last two days I have been overtaken by a sense of calm, no excitement of nervousness but just calm. I have no idea why or what is going on, I was so excited last week, I was so FREAKING excited on December 31, 2013 at 11 PM when I registered for the race (I wonder what my bib number is). But I am 3 days and 9 hours away and feeling quite relaxed about my first marathon - my first 26 POINT FREAKING 2 MILES......
   What might be worse is I really don't have anybody else to talk to about it, I mean sure my husband wants to understand or try to listen but I know he doesn't quite hear it or feel it like I do. And apparently everyone on runningahead.com's Beginners&Beyond forum are tired of hearing about my excitement too. Maybe it's the taper crazies or I feel really hurt that they've begun to really belittle it every time I bring it up as of this week. So now I don't have anybody to talk to about it :(
   

No comments:

Post a Comment