Thursday, October 16, 2014

This Morning's Attempt

  I decided last night that I would try and run this morning, but planned to stop if there was any pain going on. Well, I got out and was running and didn't really feel pain up in the corner of my leg but it was a little achey, but nothing to really worry about so I kept going. I kept it nice and slow, just paying close attention to any pain.
  The dull ache moved from that spot to the front of my leg, the top of my quad and eventually it moved to the outside around my butt but never became more than a little ache and would even go away. Strangely it was my left leg acting weird this time, for the past 3-4 weeks my right leg has been the evil thing with feeling tight or sore while my left leg had felt good the whole time. Now my right leg is feeling good while my left leg is acting stupid.
  I ran 4.4 slow miles, finishing in 47:01 with an average pace of 10:41 min/mile. I did use the foam roller before heading to work later, but only on my butt, ITB's, quads and calves which felt good.
 Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:53
Mile 2 - 11:03
Mile 3 - 10:54
Mile 4 - 10:20
.4       - 9:36

    I can honestly say that I am paranoid and will be freaking out for the next two weeks, expecting to get injured right before the race, right in the taper which would be just my luck. Honestly, I am not going to fret too much about running, just run when I can and feel like it and not worry about hitting any mileage goals for the next two weeks. I just want to get the start of this race healthy and strong and make it to finish in decent shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment