Tuesday, October 28, 2014

3.2 Miles This Morning... Only a Few More Days

  It was 70 degrees this morning, and what is worse about that is the fact that Saturday morning it is going to be like 30 degrees at the start....what the hell!!!??? I mean sure I don't mind running in cold weather, but to go from 60 degree weather to THAT is just a bit much and then to make matters even more frustrating is the part where we'll be standing in the shade for like 25-30 minutes - I wonder how long I can wait at the hotel before heading to the start lol.
  The plan was to wear my capris, race shoes with a new pair of socks (same brand but without worn holes), one of my dri-fit Tee's and gloves. I will have a throw away sweater but now I am wondering if I am going to have to have my under armour long sleeve thing underneath it all which I know half way into the race I will be warming up but won't be able to take it off without stopping and I don't want to give it up damn it. I could maybe wear the throw away for a while until I start warming up. But I won't be forcing the hubs or Dorian to go to the start with me, I don't want Dorian out in that cold weather.
  I am also concerned with how my body might react to such a drastic change in temperature... but I guess I can be happy that it won't be raining, hailing, too windy or too hot or too freezing cold.. so I guess I should be happy about that.
  Anyways, Rocky and I ran 3.2 miles this morning. Definitely slow and easy for the first 2 miles and then picked it up just a smidge for the final mile. We finished in 34:15 with an average pace of 10:42 min/mile, and I am taking tomorrow and Thursday off from running and then I might see about a 1 mile shakeout run Friday morning.
  Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:27
Mile 2 - 10:37
Mile 3 - 10:15
.2       - 9:42

    I am not yet feeling the crazy excitement yet, mainly because I am still worried about Friday and leaving here at noon and everybody understanding how important this is to me. As long as we get out on the road and are headed up there and a good ways away from Evansville by 12:30 - 1 PM, then I will relax and let myself get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment