Sunday, October 26, 2014

8 Miles the Morning, Thoughts and More

 So I didn't run Friday or Saturday, trying to get my hamstring to relax and heal up some, the first 2 miles went well and without any tightness, but after a pit stop (being a girl sucks when you've got to squat) I kept feeling it come and go, it wasn't nearly as tight as Thursday and it didn't come nearly as much as the past week but it was still there among other aches that would also come and go. I am trying to ignore the urge to stretch it, as that will only make things worse but I am doing that pelvic tilt thingy which seems to be helping, and foam rolling along with rubbing some really cold muscle rub crap on my legs.
  Rocky and I ran 8 miles this morning, the paces were pretty even really, we finished in 1:23:31 with an average pace of 10:26 min/mile and an elevation gain of 150 feet, loss of 154 feet.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:54
Mile 2 - 10:28
Mile 3 - 10:10
Mile 4 - 10:20
Mile 5 - 10:17
Mile 6 - 10:40 (around the middle between mile 5 and 6 I thought we were going to be chased by a skunk again, but luckily that didn't happen)
Mile 7 - 10:15
Mile 8 - 10:25
  
  
  I am really, really, seriously contemplating on not running at all this week except for maybe Tuesday and Wednesday but I know most seasoned marathoners would frown on my taking so many days off right before the race but I know my body and it always does me so much better to rest the day before a goal race - one day for 15k and 13.1 miles, sometimes 2 days for a half marathon so I honestly feel 3 days would be best for me before my first marathon and even more so if this is something serious. My biggest fear is that during the race my hamstring or something finally tears all the way or really, really begins to hurt and I have to suffer through the entire race with that.
  I had 3 miles planned for tomorrow and 4 on Tuesday, but I really wonder if I should take tomorrow off and run the 3 easy on Tuesday and the 4 easy on Wednesday and then take Thursday and Friday completely off....

No comments:

Post a Comment