Friday, October 17, 2014

Some Good News with Tonight's Run

 I didn't get my run this morning due to Dorian dealing with growth pains or something, but no worries there. Rocky and I went for a run later this afternoon, no pain, no issues whatsoever except for some female "things"/discomfort.
  I really dislike running in the afternoon/evening, too many people are out and about, especially kids that can sometimes be total smart ass punks. But the run went well anyways, and I rather enjoyed it.
  We ran 6.3 miles in 1:01:45 with an average pace of 9:48 min/mile, though it did seem easy which is good news. My calves were tight after mile 2 or 3 but not bad. The final mile, I picked it up just to pick it up like some of the articles I've read about keeping up with intensity while cutting the mileage back during the first 2 of the 3 week taper.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:14
Mile 2 - 10:09
Mile 3 - 9:44
Mile 4 - 10:09
Mile 5 - 9:56
Mile 6 - 8:48

   Tomorrow morning, I'll see how I'm feeling and I might do 4 miles and Sunday if I am feeling good I will try for 10 or 12 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment