Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Tell Me I Won't Freeze into a Popsicle!!!

!!!!WARNING - FULL FREAKOUT MODE!!!! 
 Oh my gosh, I am getting more and more nervous just looking at the changing forecast... not only are they predicting 29 degrees at the start but 18 mph winds with a windchill of 18!!! I have was having a hard enough time deciding on whether to wear my under armour long sleeve underneath my dri-fit Tee underneath my throw away sweat but now I am wondering on whether I should forget the dri-fit Tee and have my other long sleeve shirt on (it's got this weird wind breaking type of fabric on the outside but wicking material on the inside). I was already planning on my ear warmers, and my thinnest gloves so I can get into my back zipper pocket for my Gu's but my hands/fingers will be freaking number in those gloves, but if I wear my thicker gloves I might drop a gu unless I take one off when I need to....
   I am already feeling beaten and at a loss with this, none of my training has prepared me for running in a freezing marathon, I am more prepared to run in a hot and humid marathon than this :( I am no longer really, truly excited but scared and nervous and expecting the worse. Mother Nature usually gives me a few days of mildly cold weather so that I get used to the change from summer to winter, but I am being thrown from the freezer into the freaking Arctic this Saturday and there is nothing I can do about it. 
  I've worked so hard for this, I kept my eye on the ball throughout 2014 and even on the hot, miserable summer mornings, all my long runs by myself, in the dark out on country roads but none of it has prepared me for the possibilities of number fingers and toes and my nose :( I mean seriously what about the aid stations, what if the water and gatorade is frozen???? :( Has that ever happened???
  I now officially feel sick to my stomach.....

No comments:

Post a Comment