Monday, October 6, 2014

Less than 4 Weeks Away.... The Crazy Thoughts Begin

  So the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon is less than 4 weeks away, pretty soon to be 3 weeks away. My final long run this Sunday will be 18 miles and the I will start cutting things back, the week after the 18 miler won't see any cutbacks but the long run will be 12-15 miles, then the week following that will show a couple of cutbacks during the week, not much yet but the long run a week before the race will be around 10 miles. Then I think I am going to run Tuesday and Wednesday, then maybe a very easy 2-3 miler Friday morning the day before the race.
  I am seriously questioning my taper, the final 2 weeks of this training cycle is going to be the most insane.
Link to my training plan on www.runningahead.com
http://www.runningahead.com/logs/6d1d5cb5e27e4230a9d79029229a9ba6/plans/453

   I am not following any plan, I've read through many plans when I was coming up with mine and then I just customized it to fit me and work for me. The last 15 weeks have gone great, but now the final 3-4 weeks are weighing heavily on me.... am I doing it right.... do I need to cut back more or have I cut back too much? And of course it feels like 3 1/2 weeks are going to take freaking forever!! I hate listening to myself, and now myself is going to get louder and louder as the days go by.

   Aaaaaaaaccck!!!

I was pretty sore last night, I could hardly sleep due to my right quad being tight and my right calf being tight but I am feeling quite a bit better today. I've got a 5 miler tomorrow morning, just going to take it easy and listen to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment