Saturday, October 11, 2014

Thursday, Friday and Saturday

I think I already talked about Wednesday's 10 miler...... and the Lunar Eclipse. 
Thursday morning I was more prepared for the weather conditions, Rocky and I ran 4.2 miles in 43:22 with an average pace of 10:19 min/mile. Then Friday's morning 6 didn't happen due to mommy duties so Rocky and I had to get it in during the evening which meant I was wore out from a day of chasing Dorian around. It started out relatively easy and slow, and in the rain but we picked it up because picking up the pace helped my upper right hamstring, or maybe it was the bottom part of my butt cheek....... hmmm... we ran 6 miles in 58:28 with an average pace of 9:44 min/mile which I do have to admit feels relatively easy... especially if I wasn't on hills so I am hoping AND praying that I can hold that pace during the first half of the marathon and maybe pick things up.
Mile 1 - 10:28
Mile 2 - 9:58
Mile 3 - 10:01
Mile 4 - 9:53
Mile 5 - 9:28
Mile 6 - 8:39
  I was definitely already feeling recovered and well, so I am feeling pretty positive about my training.
This morning Rocky and I ran 4.8 in 49:55 with an average pace of 10:24 min/mile, to equal out 30 miles before my long run tomorrow. So far it doesn't look like much rain so I am keeping my fingers crossed, I am hoping I can get a 20 miler in but will be just as pleased if I can get in 18 before my taper begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment