Saturday, October 18, 2014

Another Good Run This Morning

!!!!!!!!TWO MORE WEEKS!!!!!! 
 I am actually really enjoying this whole taper thing, not feeling stressed to get up early in the morning, not too worried if I miss a run or have to get it done in the afternoon/evening. I might just look forward to this thing during all my training cycles, but it's the damn wait for the race that is killing me!! 
  I've got 3 large gym bags that I use for traveling (I don't like the traditional luggage bags) and my OCD is wanting to pack everything now and stuff everything in the tahoe, I wonder if I should call the hotel to confirm my registrations... I haven't had to before but you never know, this being my first marathon and out of town....
  Anyways, I keep telling myself that last week flew by quite quickly and so will this coming week. But I am also sad because once the wait is over, it's over....... I am torn between the pleasure, excitement of the adventure and anticipation of THE DAY - and my lack of patience... pooh :(
  Okay, Rocky and I headed out for a run this morning. I wasn't too sure on how far or long but I knew I didn't want to go past 5 miles for sure. It was 54 degrees so chilly at first but not bad, and I just enjoy running before sun up and while everyone else is asleep. Took it real easy but not slow, we ran 4.4 miles in 44:53 with an average pace of 10:12 min/mile, not bad at all for an easy run.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:07
Mile 2 - 10:22
Mile 3 - 9:57
Mile 4 - 9:39
.4       - 9:34

  Overall a good run, got home and took a shower then went back to bed. Dorian let me sleep until 9 AM...... which is just rare lol.



No comments:

Post a Comment