Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Monday Morning's 6 Miler

   So I was lazy and didn't post about it, I am honestly contemplating on just posting once a week and putting all my runs on that one post. But the only reason I might not do that is there might be certain things about that run that I should immediately save or write down so as to remember it next time. Eh, who knows.
   Monday morning Rocky and I put in 6 miles, it still wasn't warm enough for capris but that is okay. The only aches and pains I had were my left knee and left shin, but nothing too bad (these actually seem like the usual). It was 28 degrees with a feels like 18 and winds of 18 mph ESE, not bad but I can't wait for warmer weather.
   It was definitely slow going, finishing 6 miles in 1:05:09 with an average pace of 10:55 min/mile, elevation gain of 85 feet and a loss of 77 feet. I will say that I could definitely feel it in my calves on the uphills, hopefully those aches will go away before the June half that will have an elevation gain of around 3,100 feet.
   Laps/Splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:20
Mile 2 - 11:13
Mile 3 - 11:03
Mile 4 - 11:18
Mile 5 - 10:34
Mile 6 - 10:03


    The good news is that tomorrow will be like 40 degrees with a feels like 34 at 5 AM, warmer even earlier than that but I think I will try to get up at 4:30 AM and wear my capris. Earlier this afternoon it was 53 degrees, so we took the new stroller for a walk, Dorian didn't like the more reclined position too much but he seemed okay with it once we got moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment