Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Delightful Progressive 8 Miler

   The last couple of weeks have been a bit sore and achy, and my 8 miler a week ago was very painful and the two other runs before this one was sore and achy but not bad.
   I wasn't able to get up this morning and run, Dorian was really going through it all night with his coughing and being miserable. So my mom watched him later this afternoon and Rocky and I went for our 8 miler, I have to admit I was a little apprehensive at first and I was wearing the new GT2000 2's which had me aching this past Sunday. 
   It was 50 degrees, and there were a lot of people on the riverfront and I've gotten used to nobody else being out there so it was weird. I was expecting pain, or soreness but strangely enough nothing was wrong. Everything was going very well, even in the new shoes.
   I think the only negative to this run was at mile 5, a couple were having some little bonfire out behind their house and they had their stupid little dog with them who came up after us and was harassing Rocky the whole time. The idiot (man) just half-a$$ed told the dog to stop molesting the other dog (Rocky) and this stupid dog followed us with his tail up Rocky's butt for about a half mile. Rocky wasn't happy and I kept trying to spray my pepper spray at this dog, but to no avail..... I am pretty sure I hit him or got it right in front of him because he started acting as if something went up his nose but it didn't slow him down. Once we were out of view of the owners I actually came close to kicking this stupid dog a couple of times, but it finally gave up or we picked up speed (you'll see the lap/split 5 is a lot slower than any of the other splits). It was irritating to say the least, the stupid dog was lucky that Rocky is such a good-natured animal. 
    After that I had to make a pit stop in the woods and then we were off, the last two miles were our fastest and I had to actually coax Rocky a few times during the last mile - but I think it was more because he needed to stop and pee. Overall it was a great run, after the last couple of crappy runs I really enjoyed this one even with my feet being aggravated with the socks I was wearing.
   We ran 8 miles in 1:19:40 with an average pace of 9:58 min/mile, temperature was around 50 degrees. I will call this a progressive mid-long run.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:09
Mile 2 - 9:55
Mile 3 - 10:18
Mile 4 - 10:28
Mile 5 - 10:42
Mile 6 - 10:22
Mile 7 - 9:08
Mile 8 - 8:34

No comments:

Post a Comment