Friday, February 21, 2014

A Windy 6 Miler before Dawn

   So I got to use my new Garmin 610 this morning, and even though it is definitely different from the 410 I have to say I like it. I especially like the fact that it vibrates with each new lap or mile and you have to push the power button for the light to come on rather than any touch on the bezel making it light up. Of course getting things set up on the laptop and computer at home weren't so easy, but eventually after downloading the Garmin Express thingy, it detected my 610 quickly.
  As for the run, I was up at 4:25 AM with no issue. Dorian had slept pretty well last night and slept through my getting out of bed and stuff, his cold is just about gone so that is good. I did manage to pig out on some fruit pizza (the stuff that is like a cookie dough crust, cream cheese topped with fruit) so yeah I feel bad about that, luckily I don't buy that stuff too often.
  It was 37 degrees with a feels like 29, SSW winds of 14 mph so definitely windy but I went ahead and wore my capris, my under armor long sleeves and a t-shirt over that and my blinky vest thingy so drivers could see me. I also wore my gloves so I was pretty ready. 
  We were out the door by 4:40 AM and ready to go, for the first mile my left shin was aching just a little but it soon went away. Overall the run was great (no dogs), windy but great and Rocky did well. We did go for a 2 mile walk yesterday and I think those winds were probably more like 20-25 mph gusts on the riverfront, Dorian was not too happy but thankfully the BOB stroller stride's canopy came down enough to at least protect him from the wind most of the time - we've only used this stroller twice and I already love it.
  Rocky and I ran 6 miles this morning, in 1:05:37 with an average pace of 10:56 min/mile, an elevation gain 121 feet and a loss of 123 feet. 
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:08
Mile 2 - 11:00
Mile 3 - 10:42
Mile 4 - 11:08
Mile 5 - 10:56
Mile 6 - 10:41

No comments:

Post a Comment