Thursday, February 27, 2014

Last Night's 4 Miler

   Rocky and I ran our other 4 miles last night, and it went much better than yesterday morning's trail run. It was 25 degrees, but a wind chill of 16 which I am getting so sick of this cold weather, I am getting seriously depressed.
   Anyways, we ran the 4 miles in 41:45 with an average pace of 10:25 min/mile which was 10 minutes faster than this morning even though this morning involved .3 miles. Still, it was so much better than the trail run.
Laps/splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:44
Mile 2 - 10:34
Mile 3 - 10:20
Mile 4 - 10:05

    I've decided upon much debate and seeing that my legs are already feeling better, that I will do the race Saturday. It's going to be 39 degrees with a feels like 35 at start time, so hopefully the trails will be softish and if not then I will just walk the parts with the nasty tracks. I am sure after the first 2 loops, the trails will begin to get soft and muddy which I would much rather deal with than frozen crap. It might take me 2:30:00 to finish, which was my first half marathon finish time but that is alright with me as long as I don't trash my legs. If things do go well then I might go to Audubon and hit the hilly trails for some run/hiking, I really want to see how those trails are doing... they don't get too much traffic during the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment