Thursday, April 18, 2013

This Week is Almost Over

  This week has been a crazy one, stressful, sad and enraging all at the same time. The only real happiness I find is my son, his growing personality and the athleticism he is already showing. I find comfort with him when I need it most.
  Monday I ran the 5 miles, with Boston on my mind, Tuesday I ran a 2.62 miles for Boston victims and when it rained during the final half mile it was almost like the tears of runners all around the world pouring down on me. It was surreal, and it only lasted for 5 minutes before the downpour slowed back down to a trickle. I ran the 2.62 in around 29:03 taking it easy and just enjoying the run.
   Wednesday I got my baby pull along for the bike, so Cameron and I took it out for a test drive and Dorian loves it. I was wanting 6 miles but I enjoyed the 3.5 miles, Cameron stopping about 3 or 5 times just to take a picture of something. This morning I ran 1 mile with a group at the Dunigan YMCA, 1 mile to honor the victims of Boston. I brought Dorian along with me, not knowing our route would be on a gravel track so it was difficult and probably the hardest 1 mile run I've ever done. I felt like I was literally shoving the front wheel through the gravel, thank God Dorian no longer needs the infant car seat adapter and can sit in the actual part of the stroller. Otherwise I think it would have tipped over.
  I am hoping for a 6 mile run tonight, Shauna is going to run probably 4 miles of it with me. We have a 5k race Saturday morning, the Hope in Motion "Color Run" at 9:00 a.m. It isn't going to be timed so we're going to try and just have fun with it, then I expect to run 6 miles Sunday morning before we head to Pennyrile Forest State Park for the day.
  If I can get up tomorrow morning, I might run an easy 2 miles with Dorian and see how that goes. Of course that all depends on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment