Monday, April 8, 2013

The Day After

  This morning I didn't feel really sore, heck last night the soreness was beginning to wear off. I've tried going over the race and see if there was anything I could have done to have ran better, but I am actually pretty pleased with the results considering the conditions. I have become more confident with myself now, I know my training has helped tremendously, especially doing a lot of my long runs back in January, February and March on a hilly route. This summer will be tough, but I will do my best to become acclimated with the heat ( and humidity) and maybe try to get my long runs in at night or early morning if possible. It will be difficult, I don't care for the sun beating down on me and the humidity being thick in the air but I know I will benefit from my crappy summer runs in the Fall races.
  I weighed myself this morning at 139 lbs, awesome but I am going to stay skeptical because first it said 137 so I moved a bit more center than it said 138, third time it said 139 so I am going to go ahead and stick with that one. I didn't eat a whole lot yesterday, other than the race we were mainly on the road and then at home I just couldn't find anything to eat other than the carry out from Logan's roadhouse and protein shake. Oh well, I'll be sure to reach close to my goal today and hopefully a walk too.

  Even though I am not feeling too sore, I am going to wait until Wednesday to run an easy 4 miles and see how things go. I feel alright, like I could run an easy slow 3 or 4 miles but I want to give my body enough rest to recover and heal from yesterday's run.

No comments:

Post a Comment