Friday, April 12, 2013

So far This Week since the Race

  Monday I went for a 3.5 mile walk with Dorian, no real soreness but then Tuesday I woke up sore like no other. The soreness went away by that afternoon and I went for an easy 4 mile run with a time of 43.45 and an average pace of 10:55 min/mile and the splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:25
Mile 2 - 11:05
Mile 3 - 10:58
Mile 4 - 10:14
  Wednesday I woke up with no soreness so that was a good sign, later that day I want for another walk, with my mom and sister for probably 2.6 miles I think. I've been taking advantage of this gorgeous weather, because you never know when it is going to go away.
  Thursday I went for a 5 mile run that turned into a tempo,I didn't mean for it to be a tempo but I haven't done once since my new shoes so I was really craving a faster pace. It definitely wasn't up to my usual tempos like in February but with a 9:59 pace and finishing 49:56 it wasn't bad. My splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:03
Mile 2 - 10:04
Mile 3 - 10:04
Mile 4 - 9:57
Mile 5 - 8:45
   Not bad at all for having raced 13.1 miles just a few days before with a lot of hellish hills and warm temperatures. It was rainy, but not pouring down though it kept a lot of people inside except for me and another runner. I'd have to say it was pretty nice out there. Today would have been a walk with Dorian but it's barely above 50, windy and chilly so I don't want to take him out there. Tomorrow I am aiming for a 7 mile long run, though it is his birthday so we will have to see if it is tomorrow or Sunday morning.... maybe even Sunday evening who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment