Friday, April 19, 2013

Last Night's Tempo

  Unfortunately I am realizing that my sister's lack of running and training this winter has seriously slowed her down. I am going to go ahead and call last night a tempo run, I ran 6 miles in 1:02:43 with an average pace of 10:27. Granted, with the warm weather and wind, I am even still trying to get used to it and acclimated so I noticed it's effects last night. Shauna only ran around 3.4 miles, I got there early and because of the threat of serious weather I did some running before her, she got there right around .76 miles so I just kept an eye on the watch to keep track of her mileage. The first 3 miles were slowish, mile 2 wasn't bad but then I noticed she had slowed down a lot and I stuck with her even though I knew I could go faster. When we got back to the parking lot she did her cool down walk back to her car and I kept going, I picked up the pace the best I could though I was feeling tired. I think I was around 4.4 miles when she got off the ride (lol) and left. 
   I hope I get acclimated to this warm weather soon, otherwise my long runs are going to suffer tremendously, mainly cause I still don't feel very comfortable taking my shirt off, and my body wants to go faster but I can't quite handle the heat at that point.
   My splits were:
Mile 1 - 11:04
Mile 2 - 10:34
Mile 3 - 11:05
Mile 4 - 10:34
Mile 5 - 10:17
Mile 6 - 9:08 

  I did a cool down walk, probably only .1-.2 miles but it was alright. I thought about doing a 2 mile run today, but didn't want to get up and take Dorian out in this sudden 40 degree weather thanks to that storm. Tomorrow's race will be around 40something and unfortunately Shauna won't be joining me. She got drafted at work for Saturday. Our plan was to make it a fun run, no worries about time but since she isn't running it I am not sure what I'll do. It's a color run, with no timing chips or anything. I might just go with my own pace and how my body feels, just to see how I am doing and to figure up on how I will do next month at the 5k on the Runway. I plan on pushing myself then, it's going to be flat ground so there won't be any hills. As much as I hate to say this, but I kind of hope that Shauna gets drafted then, because I want to PR but I don't want to leave her in the dust. She didn't leave me last year, when she could have and I appreciate it but now I feel so much more prepared and faster than last year, this winter has really helped me but unfortunately she did not use winter to train. She says it is alright if I need to run faster, and leave her behind but I would hate it, I mean I know my reason for last year was due to injury while her reason now is due to no training. 
  The Evansville Half Marathon is on a Saturday for the first time in years,  she doesn't get drafted on Sundays so there is a chance that she would get drafted on the day of the Half Marathon. Other than that, the majority of our races are on Saturdays, so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment