Monday, April 15, 2013

Saturday's 7 Miler

  It was difficult, I'll say that much. I think my body really didn't enjoy the hills out there by the house. My knees were hurting around mile 5 and definitely down the hills, I just hope it didn't cause any overuse injury. Today I plan on a 5 mile easy run, and I am going to take it easy and keep it flat for the most part. I ran the 7 miles in 1:15:56, and an average pace of 10:46 min/mile so definitely slower than my 7 mile tempos were.
  I had an elevation gain of 192 ft and loss of 190 ft, my splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:58
Mile 2 - 11:09
Mile 3 - 10:46
Mile 4 - 11:07
Mile 5 - 11:13
Mile 6 - 10:29
Mile 7 - 10:11

  I had also ran in my new Asics Gel GT2000's (the orange ones), didn't feel quite as good as my black ones and my race pair but not awful. I am going to double check to make sure they are in fact the same model. We'll see how today goes, and this whole week actually. Wednesday I am going to aim for a 6 mile tempo if tonight goes good and then either run an easy 3 mile Friday because the 5k Saturday and then maybe a 6 mile long run Sunday. The race is a color run so I don't think Shauna and I are really going to race it but just have fun and get colored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment