Friday, April 26, 2013

An Easy 5.5 Miler

   Tonight's run was out near the house on the streets, a lot of assholes out driving around and making me uneasy every time I would hear one driving up behind me. I kept myself just above 10:00 min/mile until the last half mile, at that point I just want to get home to my little boy.
   It wasn't a bad run, my knees were sore but not bad and overall it was a pretty good one even though I did kind of freak myself out thinking there were things out in the fields and in the dark where I couldn't see. The moon wasn't out, and there were no street lights so I had to rely on my eyes, which wanted to play tricks on me.
  I ran 5.5 miles in 57 minutes and 21 seconds with an average pace of 10:26 min/mile. It was definitely an easy and slow run, and I enjoyed being out there though it would have been  more surreal had the moon been out and as big as it was last night. 
   My splits were:
Mile 1 - 10:51
Mile 2 - 10:22
Mile 3 - 10:32
Mile 4 - 10:16
Mile 5 - 10:24
.5      -  9:55

No comments:

Post a Comment