Saturday, April 20, 2013

Hope in Motion Color Run 5k

  It was cold, fun but cold. Overall it was fun and I got colored, but I think I went too fast and ended up with some girls that had no idea where we were going around mile 2.3 and we ended up crossing the finish line. The volunteers said we did 3.1 but I knew we didn't, and as I was leaving I realized that we had missed a part of the course.
  I tried to run the rest but ended up with 2.86 miles with a time of 26:09 so I estimated that if I had in fact ran 3.1 then it would probably put me around 27:38 with an average pace of 8:57 min/mile. 
  I am a little disappointed that I missed the other part of the route, it leaves me wondering how I really would've done. It would have been much more fun had Shauna been with me, and we could have laughed about it. Oh well I guess, I've got next month's 5k on the Runway to find out where I am at 5k wise. I'll have my new Garmin Forerunner 410 by either Monday or Tuesday, as my current Garmin broke last night. The wristband broke, didn't just pop out but broke it is done and retiring. I had to hold it during the race, kind of sucked but oh well.
  I don't know if I should post the splits or not, I guess I will though.
Mile 1 - 9:27
Mile 2 - 9:11
Mile 3 - 8:45
.1 -    ?

  Lesson learned, stay with people who know where they are going even if I have to go slower than I want until I see the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment