Thursday, October 11, 2012

Still Recovering

   I am not limping around quite as bad as Monday or Tuesday, but my hip still hurts just because I went for a 1.5 mile walk yesterday. Other than that things seem to be getting better, but I won't try for a 1-2 mile run until next week most likely. I am going to get my bike tire fixed this weekend so I can start riding 3-6 miles on days that I don't run. I hate not being active, but I know my legs need to heal and now that the Half Marathon that I had set my sights on for my 6 month post partum come back is over and finished, I am going to relax more and try to let my body heal. Next week if I am able to run, I will start building my base back to 3 miles and go from there, hopefully next February I will be able to add a day of hill training (or just run the trails at John James Audubon State Park) to ready myself for the St. Louis Half Marathon in April 2013. I am not going to worry about the Indianapolis Monumental Half this November, running it would be stupid and probably cause more damage to whatever injuries I have caused already. My body went through some major changes during the pregnancy and then took the beating of giving birth as well, only to turn around in less than 3 weeks after and start running (run/walks during my 3 mile walks) and then about a month later start training for the Half Marathon this past October. I have to admit that I am impressed with my progress after giving birth, though I also admit that I know it was a crazy and stupid goal.
   Hopefully with a few more easy days, and then starting up slowly, along with the foam roller, stretches and ice I will be back to 5 mile runs twice a week and a good 8-9 mile long run during the weekend by the end of December (depending on the weather).

(Continued) Last night (10-11-2012) I got the inner tube on my back tire replaced and now my bike is as good as new. Hopefully my mom can watch Dorian this evening so Cameron and I can go for a bike ride, I love my $88.00 Next bike even if it will only last me a couple of years. I am not about to spend $900 or whatever on a bike that I might only be able to use 5-20 times a year (flustered by some research on the internet). The pain comes and goes in my legs, not feeling so much like an injury but like I need a new mattress or something........ I guess I will find out next week when I try running, for now I am going to substitute my runs with bike riding and rollerblading or stroller-blading :).

No comments:

Post a Comment