Thursday, October 4, 2012

Only a Couple More Days!!!

 Only 2 more days and a few hours until the YMCA Half Marathon here in Evansville, IN. I am getting excited, and will be even more excited when I go and pick up the race packet tomorrow (weird I know). I am not expecting a great race, I know my leg will hurt for most of it but I am going to try and have fun. It might be stupid but I am excited to get the finisher medal, last year's Half was my first medal in my entire life and it is a huge deal to me. This weekend will be my second, then next month will be my 3rd when I run the Indianapolis Monumental Half Marathon, I've already bought a new medal hanger for these three. 
  Last night I went ahead and registered for the Go! St. Louis Half Marathon in April next year, another out of town race in Missouri, and near another great zoo (St. Louis Zoo) so Dorian will love that. I am excited, hopefully with this new goal ahead of me I won't make any excuses throughout winter. I did hear that this winter is supposed to be brutal, starting late this month but I think I will be better prepared than last year (I was pregnant so that was harder). I am at least going to try and stick to 15-20 miles a week, well that is as long as my leg heals and icing it helps..... we'll just have to see I guess.
   The leg is definitely my biggest worry right now, I maybe have been to brazened when registering for the IMHM next month, but I really want to do it since it's on my birthday and we've booked everything. I am just going to suck it up, ice and stretch, foam roll and rest when I am not running or working out. I guess we will just have to see how things go, I think I've said that 3 times in this blog now.

No comments:

Post a Comment